From E-Consultation Guide
Measuring needs and preferences
Finding out how many citizens have which needs, and what their preferences are between alternative options (e.g. through surveys, opinion polls, preferenda).
- Online petitioning
- online petition or e-Petition allows you to support a petition by adding your name and address online. Information about the subject is also provided, to put the petition in context and help you decide whether to sign.
- <a href="http://www.bristol-city.gov.uk/item/epetition.html" target="_self">Bristol City Council e-petitioning</a>
- voting software: <a href="http://www.deborda.org/cdrom/cd1.html" target="_self">Deborda</a>
- SMS voting
- Online surveys
- an online survey is designed to replace traditional paper questionnaires.
- <a href="http://ecrp.mgt.qub.ac.uk/phpsurveyor/index.php?sid=5" target="_blank">Survey example 1: mobile phone Internet service</a>, <a href="http://ecrp.mgt.qub.ac.uk/phpsurveyor/index.php?sid=1" target="_blank">example 2: various types of survey questions</a>
- <a href="http://ecrp.mgt.qub.ac.uk/phpsurveyor/admin/admin.php" target="_self">creating your own online survey</a>